Monday, April 16, 2007

week 12 begins

T-minus 18 days until Wildflower long course.

This will be the last week that I can get any significant training done before I start a taper.

On tap for the next seven days:
Today: 12 mile run. Bagging the swim to work on my USAT test.
Tuesday: Swim
Wednesday: Spin/bike and possibly surf if the swell and tides are with us
Thursday: brick with the team
Friday: rest/recover, possible light swim
Saturday: practice triathlon @ Stevens Creek Reservoir (1 mile swim, 24 mile bike, 6 mile run)
Sunday: rest/recover

On the systemic side of things, I am feeling overall wiped today. Quite a ride yesterday. I am hoping that adrenaline will do a lot to carry me through the 13.1 miles that will come after that 56 mile ride in a few weeks. At this point, my tactic will be to hold back and spin comfortably as much as I can for the first 40 miles, headwinds allowing. Then, jump into the granny gear and find my mantra for Nasty and the 14 miles beyond it.

Also...I think I'm going to have to breakdown and try out a chiropractor soon. For all the great cardio and strength work cycling hills allows--it SUCKS for your posture, and after a year, mine has started to suffer a little bit. My back has been bugging ever since surfing last Wednesday, which is unusual for me. Whole lower right side of my rib cage is hurting now, front and back. Is this what it feels like to have a rib "out?" Thank goodness for Azeeza; she is willing to take a look at it later today.

No comments: