Wednesday, April 04, 2007

i can still ride my bike!

Yesterday, I actually made it out onto my bike! It was great.

I drove (I know, I know, but wimpiness was required by the tail end of this cold) out to Canada and Edgewood so I could get a little spin on Canada Road.

Hopped on and headed toward 92. I had the intent of keeping all efforts less than 15mph, but it ended up being more like less than 20mph. Feels too weird to drop to a low cadence.

Anyway, even though it was 73 degrees out, it didn't take long for my lungs to protest the fresh air. I only went out to 92 and back, and by the time I got back to my car, I was a little coughing machine with a crazy runny nose. That's okay, though--it kept me from going out too hard. I took it slow and was only out for about 30 minutes. Just enough for a little re-entry.

Today I have a superlight schedule and I end early, so I brought the bike again. I need to get some work done during the day, but this afternoon (when the air is warmer) I think I'll head out to Foothill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.