Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Spin FAIL

I was so excited about making back to Trek to spin last night after week after week of illness and being out of town...it seems anyway. I had a slow leak in my front tire that had needed to be addressed for several weeks (yeah yeah, not riding enough, see previous sentence, okay?) and figured I could just re-inflate it and have it hold well enough for a 90 minute spin...and then just deal with it, um, this weekend.

Yeah, that didn't work. Couldn't get the sucker to hold air, no matter what. Changed the tube. STILL would not hold air. Why? Because the stems on the spare tubes I kept around for Eddie are, as it turns out, to short for the wheels on the new bike. Yeah...those nicer lightweight racing wheels have deeper rims. So I need to replace all my damn spares.

Anyway, at this point it was 655 (spin starts at 7) so I had to throw in the towel. Did an hour of yoga instead.

Then today I ran about 2 COLD miles, and then made up my own little W.O.D.

10 rounds of:
2 pullups
4 knees-to-elbows
8 burpees

When I'm feeling a bit stronger I think I will make it 3/5/7.

No comments: