Monday, November 17, 2008

in transition

Fall season has been interesting, to say the least.

The season culminated with Treasure Island and Silverman on Nov 8 and 9. I made it to what I could before crawling home to bed, sick as a dog. By and large, our team was very successful...most participants finished their events happy and empowered. I was very proud of them. A couple wrenches fell into the works, but that's the norm. Tri is complicated enough for an experienced athlete. There are bound to be mishaps in a group of twenty-or-so newbs.

And now, onward. I've been asked (and I've agreed) to join the spring coaching staff for 2009. Looks to be a good lineup again--Dave, Denise, CJ and me so far. Waiting to hear from the others for certain. We're meeting next Monday to set the schedule as well as we can ahead of time.

In the meantime...I'm going to enjoy my Saturdays for a little while. Tuesday spin classes at Trek have started up again. I'm giving serious consideration to joining a masters' swim team to kick start my suffering athleticism and waning enthusiasm for being a cheerleader and spectator. The holidays are upon us all already--and I'm going to give it my best go to avoid picking up any extra lbs. along the way.

No comments: