Thursday, February 08, 2007

First 2-mile marker set

Just got home from track practice. It was good to see everyone after having missed Saturday practice for a weekend of volunteering for the Girl Scouts. My non-profits are starting to conflict with one another!

Christine managed to make it by, which was awesome. I've missed her a lot. We got into this whole Team in Training/triathlon thing together, after all. Hopefully she'll be able to get things straightened out and hang with the team for Wildflower. I'm crossing my fingers for her tummy problems to get resolved quickly and smoothly.

Anyway, at track tonight we did our first marker set of the season: a timed 2 mile run. I was pretty happy with my performance. I finished in 17 minutes flat, with splits of 8:20 and 8:40. For comparison, my first marker set last spring was 19:35. So, overall, some pretty significant gains. Hopefully the next one will be under 17 minutes.

Earlier today, I managed to squeeze in an upper body workout. My old power 3 pull-up set. Here's how it goes:

3 max pull-ups
12 DB chest press 60%
rest 1 min.
repeat 3x

3 max pull-ups
12 reverse flies 60%
rest 1 min.
repeat 3x

3 max pull-ups
12 incline press 60%
rest 1 min.
repeat 3x

...and then finish with one last set of 3 pull-ups for a total of 30 max pull-ups.

Oh, yeah, and Wednesday I did the long course pro swim workout--totalled 1700m. Was fairly easy, but had good intervals.

Tuesday, I spun for 45 min with 2x6 and L2 thrown in. Would have done an hour, but had a client, so I did the best I could.

No comments: