Monday, November 27, 2006

Begin Turkey Day De-tox

Sigh. I'm back.

The past 5 days have included roughly 34 hours or driving/riding in a car, so my back and hips are a bit tight.

This is to say nothing of all the crap I've eaten and the havoc it has wreaked on my digestive tract, blood sugar, energy levels, and overall sense of well-being.

Anyway, since my last post, I've trained twice. Well, maybe 1.5 times. Last Tuesday, I squeezed in two more of last week's workouts: another upper body hypertrophy session focusing more on closed-chain movement, and a 45 minute spin, focusing on single leg drills (3x3' on each side).

Then, on Friday, we hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls. Barely broke a sweat, but at least got my HR up.

That was it for the week.

Thanksgiving was good--could have gone more crazy, but didn't. Becki was gracious enough NOT to have chocolate and crap laying around in candy dishes this year. Still had the requisite staples, and of course, no trip to Portland is complete without a stop at Moonstruck, the best place to get hot chocolate ANYWHERE.

So...today...what? I've got to plan my workouts for the week. It'll be hypertrophy. Upper? Lower? Whatever....we'll see.

YAWN.

Edit @ 930pm: I actually just ended up spinning for 40 minutes. Easy and fast. It was about right--I'm not sure I could have handled much more today. Fortified myself with a protein shake, and tonight I'll take some wellness formula before bed, just as insurance in case today's fatigue is the first glimmer of a cold or flu bug. Now...time for some homemade split-pea soup...mmmmm!

No comments: