Question of the day (from a client and fellow trainer):
"How long does it take for the water I drink to enter my bloodstream?"
Hmm. I'll have to give my usual answer to such questions: it all depends. It depends on...
1) The temperature of the water
2) Your current activity level (are you sitting around drinking water, or are you racing in a triathlon and drinking water?)
3) What is already in your stomach (a high carb concentration slows stomach emptying)
4) How much is in your stomach
5) How fast or slow you drink the water (If you drink a lot, enough to slightly distend the stomach itself, stretch receptors in your digestive tissue will trigger faster emptying)