Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wish me luck this weekend!

A few pictures from the 2005 swim...





Escape from Alcatraz is this Sunday. Wish me luck!


SF forecast that day calls for clouds, a high of 61 and a low of 54. Water temp should be about 55 degrees. Brrrr.


I'm going to check the tide table to see if the current will be a help or a hinderance. Evidently, when the tide is rushing out, the current travels at about 7-8 mph. That may sound slow, but it isn't when you only swim about 2+ mph.


My start time will be between 7 and 7:06 am...actually, all of us will be starting then. Eeek.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah! Remember when you thought running up the hill on J Street was tough? I enjoy reading your tri-ing blog although I have to admit it often takes me DAYS to get through an entry as they are so long & I can only pop them in while I'm waiting for my computer to finish something else. Glad you're having an awesome time...and waiting to hear the news that you are contemplating. love, M in Alaska