Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back in the saddle...

Just finished my first "official" tri-focused workout since finding out I'm a mentor. Bear with me, the stuff below is a bit technical and I'm keeping track of it for my own benefit.

20 minutes of spinning at high RPM's (someday I'll get a bike computer...)

and about 15 minutes of light power work:

7 part Olympic bar complex x1
Single arm 20# DB snatch 5x2
Single arm 20# DB OH side squat 5x2
OH squat 45# bar 5x3
5 minutes jumping rope

Not bad for only 40 minutes of activity. Time out to mix up a prtotein shake--this season I plan on following the principles of nutrient timing a little more faithfully, to avoid losing muscle tissue.

****
Ah, that's better. As protein shakes go, Optimum Nutrition's Chocolate Mint is far less yucky than most others I've tried.
****

Now, on the mental and emotional side of all this...I'm elated that I'm going to continue to be a part of TNT, help with funding more research, and of course spending another season with some of my teammates. Unfortunately, I'm also afraid that I'm likely to get a bit overwhelmed by my responsibilities.

See, I'm about to start my own business (in about 1 week, to be precise) and that's loading up the stress platter. Couple that with the fact that I'm about to go out of town for the first 3 weeks of the season--when I'm supposed to be getting to know my mentees and helping them come up with fundraising ideas...and, well, you get the picture.

Sigh. I've been looking forward to getting out of town for so long...and now that it's close, I can't help but feel some anxiety over being away for so long.

At least I'm not fundraising this season. :-P

No comments: